Explore Your Options
So, what are Google display ads? Google display ads refer to digital advertisements that appear across millions of Internet based websites, social media platforms, apps, and other related advertising platforms through the use of images, videos, text, or audio.
Google uses millions of signals that differentiate people who are interested in your business, from those who have the intent to buy from your business. This way you can deliver relevant ads wherever your potential customers are spending time online.
Google Display Ads
Tips For Creating Effective Display Ads
- Use text, images, and colors effectively.
- Experiment with different content designs.
- Create your own custom images using platforms such as Canva.
- Generate display ads based on your own existing text ads.
- Include prices, & promotions (If you have something special to offer, make sure your customers see it).
- Provide a clear landing page (Take a look at the page on your website that you’re linking to, which is called the landing page. Make sure to include a clear call-to-action in your ad that takes viewers straight to that landing page. For example, if your ad text says “Call us,” be sure to include your business phone number on the landing page).
- Create a total of 3 or 4 ads per ad group. Google Ads can automatically show the better performing ads within each ad group!
Creating an Ideal Display Ad
- In order to create an ideal display ad, it is important to use a responsive ad. A responsive ad is an ad that automatically adjusts its size, appearance, and format to fit the available ad space on mobile devices, tablets, or desktop computers.
- Responsive display ads are automatically generated from the building blocks you provide such as headlines, descriptions, logos, images, and videos. Therefore, it is important to optimize images & brand logo (a clear and simple logo & brand name is perfect) along with having a clear and compelling headline and text.
- Smart display is the most effortless way to reach more customers across google display. It automatically adjusts your bids, creatives, & target audiences, who your potential customers are in real time. They can reach people who have already purchased from you, or people who don’t know about your business yet.
- Smart Campaigns automatically show ads to local people in your area to drive website visits, online sales, and offline store visits. It is a cheap way to bring in more sales. If you are a local business that can’t afford an outside agency to run your Google Ads account, Smart Campaigns are for you.
- Smart Display campaigns automate and then optimize targeting, bidding, and ads. This campaign type automatically adjusts your bids, creatives, and target audiences in real time. All you provide is a bid strategy, campaign budget, and creative assets. You must use conversion tracking to be eligible.
Automated Bidding, Targeting, & Ad Creation
- Automated Bidding- Automated bidding is a Google Ads bid strategy that is specifically designed to maximize your ad results based on your set campaign goals and objectives. With automated bidding, Google automatically sets bid amounts based on the likelihood that your ad will result in a click or conversion.
- Automated Targeting- Automatic targeting expands your reach to additional users to help you generate more conversions. Targeting optimizes as your campaign runs, which means your ads increasingly show where they’ll get you the most business. For example, lets pretend that you sell juice. Ordinarily, you may not have thought to include “office supplies” as a targeting keyword for your juice campaign. However, if there are strong associations between “office supplies” and juice sales, automatic targeting will work to get you sales with that targeting. This is just one specific example of one keyword. Smart Display campaigns can find many such keywords, using machine intelligence and browser data to target signals that you couldn’t have anticipated on your own.
- Automated Ad Creation– Ads are automatically generated from the building blocks you provide such as, headlines, descriptions, logos, and images. Smart Display Campaigns automatically optimize within days, & you can easily learn which of your headlines, descriptions, images, or logos, perform best. It is important to find the people that matter the most and reach the people who are more likely to get you as many conversions as possible at a bid you set.
When to use Smart Display Campaigns
- When you want to attract additional customers.
- If you use conversion tracking and meet the conversion- based eligibility criteria and requirements.
- If you are new to advertising on the display network and want a fast and high performing campaign.
What you gain from a Smart campaign:
- A much simpler campaign construction flow.
- A friendly interface to manage your ads.
- A new, streamlined way of tracking your progress.
What you leave behind:
- Desktop-only or mobile-only campaigns
- Manual targeting
- Manually creating all your ads
- Manual bid strategies
Pay for conversions:
Eligible candidates can choose to pay for conversions, instead of clicks on Smart Display campaigns that use Target CPA (cost per action) bidding. When setting up your campaign, go to the “Bidding” section. Look for the header labeled “Pay for” and select Conversions from the dropdown menu.
- Dynamic prospecting is the process of bringing user information and product information together to show your best product that you offer at the most appropriate time to the users who would be the most interested in it. Unlike dynamic remarketing, which is focused on getting the most value out of your existing customers, dynamic prospecting is used to acquire new customers.
- Dynamic prospecting predicts which new users are most likely to perform well for items in your feed. Once the system finds significant relationships between feed items and user intent, it combines that possible intent with demographics-based information such as age and gender to match the user’s intent with a relevant product that is shown in your feed.
How Ad Creation And Optimization Works
- If you want to launch a campaign, but you don’t know what images and text to use in your ads, you would first decide to enter your assets (headlines, description lines, images, and logos) and run them in a Smart campaign. Here’s what happens next:
- The system combines your individual assets into ads that automatically resize to fit any standard ad size or type, automatically selecting the best combination for each impression.
- Your ads show in targeted ways to people browsing one of the millions of websites on the Display Network.
- When the assets have accrued enough data, you get reports on how well they are performing.
- You learn what works best and what doesn’t work, and you can adjust your campaign to use the most effective images and text
- You save time while benefiting from the system’s capacity to optimize your campaign.
How Performance Data Works
- As you start to have several campaigns, you’ll want to see results and manage your assets.
- The Smart Display campaign asset report includes example ads (Click View more sizes to see more examples in many of the sizes your ads run) and performance data (Use your table to view data for each asset, including how Google has graded the performance of that asset based on its ability to produce conversions).
- Need assistance with running and managing your display ads? Contact Digital Task Force today to learn more.